26 March 2008

Sarah's Camp Story


In Week 7 the Yr 5's and 6's went on a camp to Totara Springs holiday park in Matamata. Katherine, Gabby, Courtney and I went in my car. It was about a one hour drive to get there. Finally we got there. It actually looked like more fun than I had thought and it looked like a really fun place to stay.

The annoying thing was that we had to unpack all our bags. There were lots of fun things to do there like going to see all the animals at the aviary, building rafts, going on the flying fox, kayaking in the river, toasting marshmallows and going down the curly and freaky hydroslide. Camp was awesome because there were trampolines and a big swing that can fit up to ten people called the lullaby.


Each morning we had devotions then breakfast. The breakfast made me very replete. Some negative things were that I got a bloody nose at the cookout, we had to do duties including cleaning our cabins and that the matteresses were really uncomfortable and it felt like I was in prison when I slept on them.

However on camp I did feel really excited and happy. I also really enjoyed going to Firth Tower and looking at all the old things. Firth Tower was named after a man named Josiah Firth. I had to share a cabin with Alexandra, Jasmine, Alana and some other people. Something I learnt how to do at camp was to do forward and back flips on the trampoline. I was really lucky that my Dad was one of the chosen parents to go. At the end we did an Iron Man tryathalon. I had to run at the end and we came second.

We stayed there for 4 days but than it was time to go home. I had a awesome time at Totara Springs Holiday Park and I want to go there again! :)

2 comments:

amandakad said...

Hi! My name is Amanda. It looks like you had a great time at camp!Don't forget to check out our class blog!!!

Desiree said...

Hi I'm Desiree. I really like your camp's story. I wish I had a camp too. Visit our blog